Kindle Once Again - this time for Walk, Hike, Saunter

Image
 Last time I did this was Dec 2017. At the moment, memory of how to do it is pretty foggy, but luckily I have my earlier blog posts on this to refresh my memory so printing them out to review. (look for Kindle label in this blog to find).  This book is a little easier than the others - text and inline photos, a table of contents, but no index. Susan has promised it will be out in two and a half weeks, so will try to do that. My immediate issue is that I remember that I have to make some changes to the Indesign file before putting out the epub file that I will update for Kindle, but don't remember quite what they were. Pausing to read my prior posts, and to review Kindle code for Healing Miles . From my 2012 notes I saw that to get reliable chapter breaks, each chapter had to be a separate xhtml file. The default of Indesign is to put out one big xhtml file, but it will break on a style, so I need to be sure the current Indesign document (for Walk, Hike, Saunter ) has an appropriat

Scary - Andrew Skurka's new Great Alaskan-Yukon Loop Project

In one year circumvent the Alaska - Yukon wilderness. 4500 miles. No trails. Seven months. Andrew Skurka's webpage on this trip There was a local Camino de Santiago gathering of pilgrims recently. A lot of sharing of stories and exchange of experiences, and a couple of presentations. One was by Phil Cousineau, author of the Art of Pilgrimage. He was a good speaker, and I took a bunch of notes which I can't locate now. I do remember that he had a broad definition of pilgrimage. As a baseball fan, he made a pilgrimage to Cooperstown. Certainly Andrew's trips are pilgrimage to the extreme.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Patagonia - Torres del Paine - Trip Planning Stream of Consciousness

Hot weather hiking affliction: Golfer's Vasculitis

Kindle Once Again - this time for Walk, Hike, Saunter